See how your streamers behave

Zwei schier unerschöpfliche Themen. Achtung! Hier tauschen nicht nur die Profi-"Tüddeler" ihre Geheimtipps aus.

Moderatoren: Forstie, Maggov, Olaf Kurth, Michael.

Antworten
Toni

See how your streamers behave

Beitrag von Toni »

Hello guys!

In last few years I have developed a Kalax flytesting device. It all started from my intrest to streamers and salmonflies and their behavior under water. I managed to get the device in excellent shape, water goes exactly the way I want. By the time I got the device working I found my self more and more tying flies...well I did that a lot few years ago when I didnt have the device even in my dreams, but now as I said I ty all the time...

Well, reason I decided to write here, was that, I would like to get an information and opinions from other flytyiers about this Kalax device,
( http://www.kalax.net so far we manufactor very small quantitys), in northern europe flyfishers have told me that this is absolutely excellent device to on your desk, but what are opinions in DE !!!???

Please write your comments.

Kindly

Toni Karhukorpi
Finland
Gerry
Beitrag von Gerry »

Hello Toni,

it's the first time I've ever heard about that "Kalax flytesting device". Seems to be interesting but I don't know if I would spent my time to test all my streamers before using with this flytesting device. And I guess a main question will also be the price, I could'nt find anywhere.

Best regards

Gerry

Zuletzt geändert von Gerry am 20.03.2004, 15:23, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Dagmar M.

Beitrag von Dagmar M. »

Hello Toni,

it's very interesting - but what about the price?

greetings from Hamburg
Dagmar
Toni

Beitrag von Toni »

Hi

We don´t have any retailers in De, but we are looking for an agent or wholesaler in there, so if anyone can help us with that, we would be very thankful.

Naturally we can send you one piece in 130 euros + shipping ( 24,45 euros ), time of deliver is about 10 days.

Toni
Gerry
Beitrag von Gerry »

Hi Toni,

I think, I will test my streamers further on, as usual, within my bath tub. :D

Greetings

Gerry

Harald aus LEV
Danksagung erhalten: 628 Mal
Beitrag von Harald aus LEV »

Hello Toni,
the idea is pretty interesting and the video sequence shown, quite too.
It is shown how the streamer works while being in different speeded current. You say that the streamers colour can be seen how it appeares under water. But the only you can see, is the colour some centimeter down the surface. Fishing deeper light decreases and colours aren´t as bright as above. I was interested to see how the fly would be seen in deeper water and how you were going to manage it. I think that can´t exactly be demonstrated.
In my opinion your tool maybe good for demonstations on fairs or so or for clubs, but there will be just a few private fishers who would buy it for their own studies.

Regards Harry
Fliegenfischen - Der natürliche Weg
Dirk Janßen
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal
Beitrag von Dirk Janßen »

Original geschrieben von harry57
I was interested to see how the fly would be seen in deeper water and how you were going to manage it.
You just have to turn out the light. :rofl:

Dirk ;)
Fliegenfischen ist der Weg und das Ziel.
Harald aus LEV
Danksagung erhalten: 628 Mal
Beitrag von Harald aus LEV »

@Dirk
"You just have to turn out the light."

Good idea !!!
Harry ;-)
Fliegenfischen - Der natürliche Weg
Toni

Beitrag von Toni »

Hi

Well, it seems that many people takes this too scientifically, that is not the point, the point is that its fun to see what you have achieved when finished tying, naturally you can see some things in scientific point of view but that is just a side effect...
Bathtub is also one way to do your testing, but then you can´t see your fly from fish view, but only from up.

Thank you for your comments, keep writing, I try to answer as well as I can...

Toni
Gerry
Beitrag von Gerry »

Hi Toni,

all your arguments are ok, but I still can't see the necessity to have it and especially the price of 154 € doesn't help me to change my mind.

Good luck

Gerry

Gerry
Beitrag von Gerry »

Hallo zusammen,

mein "Chef" der Michael, hat mich gebeten, all denen, die nicht so richtig erkennen können worum es in diesem Beitrag eigentlich geht, ein bißchen "unter die Arme zu greifen".

Also.............ein finnischer Fliegenfischer stellt uns hier seine Erfindung vor. Das "Kalax flytesting device", mehr Information unter http://www.kalax.net/ (allerdings auch nur in englisch). Es handelt sich um eine wasserdichte, transparente Röhre, hergestellt aus Holz und Plastik mit der man in der Lage ist Streamer, Lachsfliegen, Nymphen und sonstige sinkenden Fliegen in Aktion zu sehen.

Man sieht:
- die Fliege in der für sie vorgesehenen Umgebung
- wie die Farbe der Fliege unter Wasser tatsächlich aussieht
- wie die Flügel arbeiten
- wie stellt sich die Sichtigkeit der Flügel dar
- wie wirken sich verschiedene Bindematerialien auf die Position des Hakens aus
- die Lichtdurchlässigkeit der Flügel und Verhalten und Aussehen verschiedener Arten von Dubbingmaterial
- wie die Fliege bei unterschiedlichen Wassergeschwindigkeiten schwimmt
- das Verhalten der Fliege von der Seite von oben und von unten

Das Gerät wird angeschlossen an 240 V. Der sichtbare Bereich ist 5 x 4 x 20 cm, die gesamte Größe 25 x 17 x 45 cm. Das Gewicht beträgt 2,7 kg. Die Füllmenge beträgt 1,5 L. Die maximal simulierbare Wassergeschwindigkeit beträgt 1,2 m/sec.

Der Preis incl. Versand wird mit 154,45 € angegeben (130 € + 24,45€).

Gruß Gerry

Gerhard
Fliegentester in Stuttgart

Beitrag von Gerhard »

Hallo,

wen's interesiert ich habe einige von den Fliegentestern zur Messe in Stuttgart nächstes Wochenende dabei.

Ausserdem gibt's bei uns noch Eintrittsgutscheine (3,-) zum download.

Gruß Gerhard

http://www.stenzel-flyfishing.com
Antworten