Island

Ihr sucht ein Plätzchen, wo es sich gut Fliegenfischen läßt? Oder habt Ihr im Urlaub besonders gute oder schlechte Erfahrungen gemacht und möchtet diese weitergeben? Inklusive Salzwasser- (Süden-) Fliegenfischen.

Moderatoren: Forstie, Maggov, Olaf Kurth, Michael.

DocSalmo
Danksagung erhalten: 18 Mal

Beitrag von DocSalmo »

Meerforellenschnapper hat geschrieben:Moin!

2011 bin ich jetzt mal dran. Ich werde zusammen mit meinen beiden Damen für 2 Wochen nach Island fliegen. Bisher ist nur der Flug für Anfang August gebucht. Würde mich freuen, wenn ihr hier nochmal ein paar Erfahrungen aus 2010 zusammengetragen werden können \:D/

Ich freue mich auf den Austausch!

Beste Grüße

Dennis
Super idea!

I have visited Iceland 2 years in a row now. There is some excellent fishing but you have to look carefully.

- The veidikortid is very easy and it offers some nice lakes with chars (Saibling) and brown trout (Bachforelle).

- Salmon fishing can be very expensive on the good rivers. You will catch several big salmon each day but it costs 8000 euro for 6 days (on some of the top rivers). We were lucky that the riverkeeper made us a "special deal" and we were able to enjoy some world class salmon fishing for a half day.

- Icelandic guides will send you to "tourist put & take rivers" such as Minnivallalaekur, Seydisa, etc. You will find enormous brown trout and char here. But they are not wild. They are stocked. If you want to do this kind of fishing, then you will have to go before August. Stocking stops in August and catches decrease significantly.

- Fishing the lakes and creeks in the inland mountain ranges (Skagaheidi, Arnarvatnsheidi, etc) is the best kept secret of Icelandic flyfishing. Large numbers of big wild fish are waiting for your fly. The reason that fishing is so successful here? It is always remote. You need a good 4x4 to go there. You don't meet a lot of other people.

You can find some pictures on my website:
http://www.3f-d.com/e2010_IJsland.htm

And movies on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/DocSalmo

We visited Iceland for 10 days on a budget of 1250 euro per person. That includes flight tickets (from Brussels or Düsseldorf), rent of the 4x4, fuel for the car, fishing licenses (basic accommodation in a cabin is almost always included in the price of the license), food and drinks from a super market, etc.

I hope that you will enjoy Iceland!

Bild
Meerforellenschnapper

Beitrag von Meerforellenschnapper »

DocSalmo hat geschrieben:
Meerforellenschnapper hat geschrieben:Moin!

2011 bin ich jetzt mal dran. Ich werde zusammen mit meinen beiden Damen für 2 Wochen nach Island fliegen. Bisher ist nur der Flug für Anfang August gebucht. Würde mich freuen, wenn ihr hier nochmal ein paar Erfahrungen aus 2010 zusammengetragen werden können \:D/

Ich freue mich auf den Austausch!

Beste Grüße

Dennis
Super idea!

I have visited Iceland 2 years in a row now. There is some excellent fishing but you have to look carefully.

- The veidikortid is very easy and it offers some nice lakes with chars (Saibling) and brown trout (Bachforelle).

- Salmon fishing can be very expensive on the good rivers. You will catch several big salmon each day but it costs 8000 euro for 6 days (on some of the top rivers). We were lucky that the riverkeeper made us a "special deal" and we were able to enjoy some world class salmon fishing for a half day.

- Icelandic guides will send you to "tourist put & take rivers" such as Minnivallalaekur, Seydisa, etc. You will find enormous brown trout and char here. But they are not wild. They are stocked. If you want to do this kind of fishing, then you will have to go before August. Stocking stops in August and catches decrease significantly.

- Fishing the lakes and creeks in the inland mountain ranges (Skagaheidi, Arnarvatnsheidi, etc) is the best kept secret of Icelandic flyfishing. Large numbers of big wild fish are waiting for your fly. The reason that fishing is so successful here? It is always remote. You need a good 4x4 to go there. You don't meet a lot of other people.

You can find some pictures on my website:
http://www.3f-d.com/e2010_IJsland.htm

And movies on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/DocSalmo

We visited Iceland for 10 days on a budget of 1250 euro per person. That includes flight tickets (from Brussels or Düsseldorf), rent of the 4x4, fuel for the car, fishing licenses (basic accommodation in a cabin is almost always included in the price of the license), food and drinks from a super market, etc.

I hope that you will enjoy Iceland!

Bild
Good evening Doc,

nice impressions on your HP! You made my dreams getting bigger :!:

I think I will try to fish in Skagaheidi or Arnarvatnsheidi. Do I need any licences over there?
Have you tried to catch any seatrouts at the south coast?

Thank you very much for your help. If you are planning any sea trout trips to danish rivers - and you need informations - do not wait to contact me...

Best wishes

Dennis
DocSalmo

Beitrag von DocSalmo »

Hey Dennis

Skagaheidi is really cheap. I guess that we paid 20 or 25 euro per day per person. This includes the fishing licenses and the cabin where you can cook and sleep.

Arnarvatnsheidi is in my opinion the best secret in Iceland. Endless number of lakes and creeks, filled with piles of browns and chars that are waiting for your fly. It costs a little bit more. We payed 50 euro per person per day to fish here. Twice as expensive as Skagaheidi but the fishing there is really out-of-this-world!!!

You can contact the owner directly on his website www.arnarvatnsheidi.is. His daughter Kristrùn speaks English and will take care of your bookings.

(I have re-edited this part of the text because of forum rules) There are 2 ways to book Arnarvatnsheidi
- We booked Arnarvatnsheidi for 3 days for 5 persons = 3*5*50 = 750 euro
- We asked a well-known icelandic outfitter first how much it costed and they said 2600 euro

It was exactly the same offer: cabin + fishing licenses. No other services were included. No guiding.

Perhaps a 1850 booking fee is a little bit over the hedge for doing something that takes 10 minutes. That's my personal opinion about some objective facts and I do not want to offend someone or some organisation. Just my 2 cents...

(added my name) Doc (Dominic)
Zuletzt geändert von DocSalmo am 04.02.2011, 13:20, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Marcus Ruoff
no good

Beitrag von Marcus Ruoff »

DocSalmo,

there are certain rules in this forum. One is that you have to post your name. Another is that there should not be any offending comments.

Well, you dont give your name away which might be because you cannot read the forum rules.

But putting out a comment like "whatever you do do not book with Lax-à" is clearly offending and at least in my opinion cannot be tolerated.

Just because you dont find need for a professional outfitters doesnt mean that you can blabber out an ignorant statement like that.

Lax-à has a very good reputation and has thousands of happy customers worldwide.

Just because this is a professional outfitter earning his living with flyfishing customers doesnt mean you cannot have a great and successful trip with Lax-à.
You do not justify or further elaborate on your very misleading comment other than that the price is different (which is the case with many locations and also there are vastly different qualities in guides and amenities so very often two offerings just cannot be compared with each other) so in my opinion your comment is completely misplaced here and absolutely unjustified.

It is great that you mention a cheaper DIY-location in Iceland. This is valuable information that we are all hoping for if its a good location. But please refrain from condemning others who are making a living out of giving people professionally organized trips.
"I don't know exactly what fly-fishing teaches us, but I think it's something we need to know."

John Gierach
Betze

Beitrag von Betze »

Hello everyone!

First of all I can´t find anything offending in Doc Salmos statement.
He´s just telling how the cash is made with anglers by professionals, not just on Iceleand but everywhere in the world. What´s offending in that, if it´s the truth?

I also think it´s clear that his statement deals just with booking the Arnarvatnsheidi permission and not with LAX-A in general. Everybody who´s reading his statement accurate would see that.

Seems for me that somebody has to defend his buisness...
:roll:

just my 2 ct.
Gruß

Sebastian
Marcus Ruoff
no

Beitrag von Marcus Ruoff »

Sebastian,

jetzt habe ich schwer den Eindruck, dass Du nicht korrekt gelesen hast, da Du eine Vermutung aussprichst und auch den Beleg dafür schuldig bleibst...

Ich dachte es sei nicht notwendig es zu erwähnen, aber leider ist es doch notwendig:
Ich muss kein "Business" verteidigen. Habe mit Lax-à rein gar nichts am Hut, ausser dass ich schon mehrfach privat mit Lax-à toll fischen war in Island und einige kenne, die, mit welchem Anbieter auch immer, sehr viel Spaß hatten dort.

Mit meiner Webseite oder meinen Angeboten hat das rein gar nichts zu tun, steckt also kein finanzielles Interesse dahinter, auch wenn das die Leute immer sehr gerne sehr schnell hineininterpretieren.

Jeder soll auf seine Art glücklich werden.

Ich finds klasse wenn jemand wie DocSalmon günstige Angebote darstellt, bei denen man wirklich Geld sparen kann und eine gute Fischerei haben kann. Nichts besser als das. Dafür ist ein Forum da.
Im Gegenzug aber andere vor anderen zu warnen, die ebenfalls versuchen einen guten Angeltrip anzubieten, halte ich einfach nicht für korrekt.

Aber egal. Es gibt wichtigeres...:-).
"I don't know exactly what fly-fishing teaches us, but I think it's something we need to know."

John Gierach
Chillipp
Danksagung erhalten: 17 Mal

Beitrag von Chillipp »

Aber egal. Es gibt wichtigeres....
Ganz deiner Meinung. Vielleicht sollten wir die Korrekturmaßnahmen den Moderatoren überlassen, damit die auch mal was zu tun haben :wink:
Übrigens, wer den Vorstellungspost vom Doc kennt, weiß dass er zwar kein deutsch spricht/schreibt, aber vollständig versteht! Muss sich also keiner einen abbrechen... außer der Doc selbst :wink:

Jedenfalls danke ich dir Dominic (aka DocSalmo) vielmals für deinen sehr informativen Beitrag!!

Viele Grüße and good night (mehr Englisch gibts net),
Philipp
chris meyer
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal
Beitrag von chris meyer »

Guten Morgen,

Ich finde es gut, gewarnt zu werden.
Mit den Anbietern ist es wie mit Internetseiten.
Wenn dir ein Webdesigner sagt das die Entwicklung und Erstellung 3000€
Euro kostet dann glaubst du es weil du es schlicht nicht besser weisst.

So ist das auch mit angeltrips. Mittlerweile weiss ich es besser und organisiere sie selbst.

Chris
A wet fish is a Happy fish
Betze

Beitrag von Betze »

Hallo!

ich dann auch nochmal auf deutsch.

Zuerst einmal möchte ich mich für den leichtfertigen und nicht verifizierten "Seitenhieb" entschuldigen, das war allerdings das erste was mir beim Lesen des Textes in den Sinn kam.
Im Gegenzug aber andere vor anderen zu warnen, die ebenfalls versuchen einen guten Angeltrip anzubieten, halte ich einfach nicht für korrekt.
Nun hierzu: Ich halte es für überaus korrekt und auch wichtig das solche Dinge publik gemacht werden. Sofern die Zusammenhänge richtig dargestellt sind!

Wenn ich etwas bei dem Besitzer für 750€ erwerben kann, aber über einen Anbieter für exakt die selbe Leistung 2600€ bezahlen soll finde ich das schon sehr wichtig darüber informiert zu werden.
Natürlich hat Dienstleistung ihren Preis, den ich im Übrigen gerne bereit bin zu bezahlen, allerdings sollte dieser angemessen sein!
In diesem Falle,sollten die Zusammenhänge richtig dargestellt sein, ist er das in meinen Augen aber ganz und gar nicht!

Es muss jeder selber wissen was er bereit ist für Dienstleistung und Service zu bezahlen, allerdings muss er es dazu erstmal wissen. Da man nie ausgewiesen bekommt was der Veranstalter für seine Leistungen berechnet, sondern immer einen Komplettpreis aufgezeigt wird erfährt man das aber eben meistens nicht.

Wenn jemand bereit ist für Service wie in diesem Fall horrende Summen zu bezahlen, soll er dies gerne tun. Ich bin es (meistens) nicht mehr viele andere denke ich auch nicht. Daher bin ich für jede Information dankbar die mir hilft viel bares Geld zu sparen.

Ich organisiere im Übrigen mittlerweile auch alle meine Reisen selbst und habe daher schon mitbekommen wieviel beispielsweise für eine Woche Ferienhaus in Skandinavien draufschlagen wird, da schlackert man teilweise mit den Ohren.
Aber egal. Es gibt wichtigeres...Smile.
Das stimmt wohl! von daher ist jetzt auch gut für mich mit OT.Wollte meinen vorhergehenden Post nur nochmals geraderücken.
Zurück nach Island.
Gruß

Sebastian
fishingwithfriends
Beitrag von fishingwithfriends »

Liebe Islandfans

Mittlerweile habe ich auch einen günstigeren Mietwagenverleih rausbekommen, den ich nicht vorenthalten möchte. Cheapjeep (unter diesem Namen zu googeln, findest du sofort) biete eine breite Flotte zu ungefähr halbem Preis zu den mir bisher bekannten Anbietern an. Werde die dieses Jahr ausprobieren. Freue mich bereits wie ein Schneekönig wieder nach Island zu kommen!!!

Der Tip mit dem Lada Niva ist sehr gut, vielen Dank. Leider für meine Bedürfnisse zu klein.

Herzliche Grüsse
Dani
"There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot"
guenther

Beitrag von guenther »

guten morgen strongelchen,
auf http://www.mietwagenmarkt.de/island/Mie ... sland.aspx kannst du sonst auch nochmal schauen. die haben auch immer gute angebote. da schaue ich immer zuerst.

gruss guenther
troutteaser
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal
Beitrag von troutteaser »

Hi Günther,

nützlicher Tipp mit "mietwagen.de", sie haben auch gute Angebote in Norwegen...

Viele Grüße
Emil
Fliegenfischen soll in erster Linie Spaß bringen!
DocSalmo

Beitrag von DocSalmo »

Liebe Islandfans

It was not my intention to break the rules in this forum.

1. First about posting my name

My friends call me Doc. In my introduction I have explained that my real name is Dominic De bruyn (http://www.fliegenfischer-forum.de/flyf ... 63317.html).

Doc = Dominic - mini (my friends leave out "mini" because I am rather tall)

2. About negative publicity for outfitters

I agree that using an outfitter can have great advantages and that you can have wonderful fishing adventures with them. They have good knowledge of the area and can provide some form of luxury so that you can focus on what really matters: flyfishing! Sometimes an outfitter is the only possibility to reach certain dream destinations.

However, if you are prepared to do a good research in books, in magazines, on fishing fairs, on internet or just by talking with friends (who have been there already), then you can also put together a nice fishing holiday.

In general, an outfitter will cost more than DIY holidays. In general you will have less worries and more services when using an outfitter. This has its price and if the price is fair, then it is up to you if you want to pay for that :)

In the case of Arnarvatnsheidi, I wanted to inform the forum members that Arnarvatnsheidi is a great place for fishing and there are 2 possibilities to book it. I had asked the icelandic outfitter for a booking for 5 persons for 3 days. They sent me a price of 2600 euro. This did not include guiding nor any other kind of service. The price that I obtained from the owner of Arnarvatnsheidi was considerably lower.

So, keeping myself to these facts: What could explain this remarkable price difference, if not pure profit?

Petri Heil
Doc (Dominic)

P.S.: Marcus, I have just read the Forum rules and noticed that you "broke" 3 of the rules yourself. No offence, just informing you :wink:
Zuletzt geändert von DocSalmo am 04.02.2011, 13:25, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
flo staeuble
Danksagung erhalten: 145 Mal
Beitrag von flo staeuble »

hi doc,

there's nothing to say against pure profit:-)
BUT i think your post must be concerned absolutely useful! I've been thinking about iceland many times - after having read your post this destination is getting a bit closer to my purse.
thanx
flo
DocSalmo

Beitrag von DocSalmo »

Since this month there is a new book (in German language) about fishing in Iceland. Perhaps it is also interesting for you guys.

Bild

http://www.north-guiding.com/island-fli ... sland.html

Hartmut Kloss befischt mit der Einhand- aber insbesondere mit der Zweihandrute seit 1992 die Flusssysteme Islands. Mit seiner lang-jährigen Erfahrung und hervorragender lokaler Kontakte entstand ein außergewöhnlich informatives und schönes Buch für jeden Salmonidenfischer und Islandinteressierten.

Die Tipps zur Reiseorganisation sind leicht für jeden Islandreisenden
leicht umsetzbar.

Der Fokus liegt auf Reiseoptionen, die für möglichst viele Petri-jünger machbar sind.

Dabei wird auch die Option eines Familienurlaubs nicht vergessen.

- Die 103 besten Lachs- und Salmonidenflüsse

- Fischerei auf Lachs, Meerforelle, Bachforelle und Saibling in Flüssen, Seen, an der Küste und auf dem Meer

- 50 Seiten informativer und spannender Reiseberichte von erfahrenen Anglern und Fliegenfischern

- Praktische Tipps für die Reiseorganisation mit konkreten Reisebeispielen: z.B. 14 Tage Island ab 1.200 EUR
Antworten