Miekak Fishing Camp in Nordschweden

Ihr sucht ein Plätzchen, wo es sich gut Fliegenfischen läßt? Oder habt Ihr im Urlaub besonders gute oder schlechte Erfahrungen gemacht und möchtet diese weitergeben? Inklusive Salzwasser- (Süden-) Fliegenfischen.

Moderatoren: Forstie, Maggov, Olaf Kurth, Michael.

Antworten
Michael.
Site Admin
Danksagung erhalten: 1159 Mal
Miekak Fishing Camp in Nordschweden

Beitrag von Michael. »

Hilfe gesucht: Wer von Euch war schon einmal dort oben und kann seine Erfahrungen weitergeben ? Ich will unbedingt mal dort hin. Ist aber ein ziemlich großes Gebiet. Was für Stellen sind angehenswert und was für Fliegenmuster "greifen" im August ?

Michael
Gerry
Beitrag von Gerry »

Hallo Michael,

du meinst sicherlich: Und was für Fliegen "greifen" im August an? Das kann ich dir sagen: Riesengroße Kriebelmücken und noch größere Moskitos. :D
Viiiiiiiiiiiiel Spass beim Kratzen.

Gruß Gerry

Michael.
Site Admin
Beitrag von Michael. »

Hallo Gerry,
das ist ja nun wirklich nichts gänzlich Unbekanntes in der Ecke ;)
Warst Du schon im Miekak-Camp ?
Mi.
Gerry
Beitrag von Gerry »

Hallo Michael,

nein, so weit nach oben hat es mich noch nicht verschlagen und in Anbetracht , dass mich die bewußten Tierchen besonders gut leiden können, werde ich es mir auch verkneifen.

Gruß Gerry

Michael.
Site Admin
Beitrag von Michael. »

Hallo Gerry,
ich war ja nun schon einige Male ganz oben und kann Dir sagen: in Anbetracht der grandiosen nordschwedischen Berg- und Waldwelt und der Fischerei dort vernachlässigst Du die Qual-Viecher bald ...Es wird zur Sucht (kennst Du ja ;) ) und man muß immer wieder hinfahren...
Wie sagte mal ein alter Nordland-Hase zu mir: Das beste Mückenmittel heisst: "Kümmer Dich nicht drum...". Das hilft wirklich :D Aber nicht immer... Dann kommt entweder die chemische Keule dran oder das altbewährte Grönländische Mückennetz :rolleyes:
Gruß
Michael
Peter Olbrich
Beitrag von Peter Olbrich »

Hallo Michael,

schaud dir mal die Beiträge von Günter Fröhlich in den "Fliegenfischern" an. Da steht alles drin.
Wenn du dann noch Bedarf an Info hast, mail mich bitte an.
Peter
Michael.
Site Admin
Beitrag von Michael. »

Hallo Peter, danke. Ich kenn den Artikel, wollte aber mal hören (lesen), ob noch jemand anderer dort war und etwas berichten kann...
Gruß
Michael
Michael.
Site Admin
Beitrag von Michael. »

Leute was'n los ? Keine weiteren Wortmeldungen? War noch niemand dort?
Mi.:confused: :confused: :confused:
Holmen

Beitrag von Holmen »

Is it ok to reply in english on this board, because my german is not so good? I saw the question about Miekak, which is located next to the Pite river. I haven't fished in Miekak but I have fished a lot in the swedish mountain rivers in the area. Miekak happens to a very known place but there are many other good spots too. However, the flies used in Miekak are pretty much the same as in other streams in the swedish mountains. Good flies for grayling (äsche) are for instance Red Tag & Black Zulu. In july and august the best fishing is at late nights. Sedge flies are always worth trying, like Goodards sedge, Streaking Caddis, Elkhair Caddis and the caddis fly who is considered as no.1 in northern Sweden: Europea 12.
Other useful flies: Super pupa, Montana, Wooly Bugger (black). Sometimes the fish is not eating on the surface, and then my favorite fly is the Goldribbed Hare's ear, with a goldhead.

Oh, one thing that makes Miekak interesting is the Pieskeströmmarna, the Pieske streams, where you find arctic char (saibling), one of very few places that you find arctic char in running water. They prefer lakes.

I have a homepage (in english and swedish) about all rivers and creeks of northern Sweden. Please have a look:
http://hem.passagen.se/alvsajtn/
Peter S., Köln

Beitrag von Peter S., Köln »

Hej holmen,

You have a very excellent homepage!
In the summertime I want to travel for 6 weeks to sweden.
For fishing I will probaly visit some of the places mentioned.
Your homepage will help me so much.

Hej do
Holmen

Beitrag von Holmen »

Another thing about Miekak is that you need a helicopter lift to get to get there. Maybe you knew that already. The helicopter lift goes from Tjärnberg, in Arjeplogs kommun. I guess you can walk as well to get there but I think it's about 30km of walking. There are a few really well-known spots in Lapland with fishing camps in roadless country and pretty exclusive fishing and they all require helicopter lift. Miekak by the Pite River, Tjuonajokk by the Kaitum river and Råsto by the Råstoätno creek are the most famous ones. '
Many long distance travelling fisherman go for those places. However if you're willing to stay in a tent and hike a bit you have a whole bunch of good places to choose from. Like someone said, having a car is huge advantage in Sweden. There are also many good waters that are easy accessible near roads, but at those waters you may not always be alone by the water.
It's all about what kind of experience you're looking for. If you want really exclusive waters in the wilderness, or if your priority is good living comfort. Of course, also what kind of fish you're looking for. You find brown trout and grayling in most swedish mountain rivers. Arctic char you find mostly in high mountain lakes, but at a few places you find char in streams. I would say the arctic char is the biggest challenge. Often shy and very selective in it's feeding behaviour and if you manage to trick a char they often grab the fly very gently. If you're looking for salmon, then it's totally different choice
of waters. Then it's the big rivers closer to the coast who should be the target area, rivers like Byske river, Torne river & Kalix river. But if you're travelling long distance for catching salmons, norwegian rivers are more reliable.

Peter S> Thank you. I've listed all the good creeks and rivers in northern Sweden, at least the ones who are most interesting from a sport fishing point of view, on my homepage. 6 weeks in Sweden? Wow, then you will have opportunity to test many good waters. If you need
any advice when choosing waters and so on, just ask.

Cheers
/Erik from Skellefteå
By the way, when I turn my head and look out through my window I have a view of the Skellefte river, which is now frozen. Im just waiting for the ice to crack open. Any week now :)
Antworten